Home › Merchandising, Apparel & Textiles › Student Organizations › Merchandising, Apparel, and Textiles (MAT) Club › Updates › 2010 › February 2010
Tuesday February 2, 2010 Mat Club Minutes
Minutes recorded by secretary: Lauren Sexton
- This was the 1st meeting of the semester held in Room 203 EH 5:55 PM
- The next meeting will be March 2nd 2010 at 6:00 pm
- We began this meeting with sign-ins and pizza
- Our guest speaker was first on the agenda; her name is Cathy Miller, a Fashion expert. A few key points she brought up were dealing with how to be successful. She informed all of us to market our skills and to think outside of the box. She expressed how important it is to learn everything you can and to take advantage of every class you take in your time here at UK. She informed us of the importance of networking and believing in what you do. She ended with providing her contact information, if you have any further questions feel free to contact her at :
- Cathy Miller firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-269-2790, 859-669-9181.
- Dues will also be brought up at the next meeting. The new dues will be: New Member= $20 and Returning Member= $15.
- The Bake sale will be next Thursday the 11th and next Friday the 12th. You can drop off your goods and feel free to stick around and package Wednesday the 10th at 6:00 pm at the bake sale meeting in EH 128. If you did not have packaging for your items, they will be provided at the bake sale meeting. We passed around sign-up sheets to bring baked goods tonight. This will be a valentine's day theme, make your baked goods cute and homemade J If you bring a baked good please put a post-it note on your containers including:
- Name of item
- Amount of items
- If it contains allergens, such as peanuts
- Of course your name, if you do not include this you will not be eligible to receive points!
- Please pack goods in a disposable container and be sure to pick up your container (if not disposable) after the sale!
- Images Modeling and Talent Agency Annual Fashion Show we will need 6 to 7 volunteers. We had a few girls sign up at meeting, but there are a few more spots available. This will be a great hands on experience to help choose models and work behind the scenes. Email Meredith Cinnamon at email@example.com if you are further interested.
- The Atlanta Trip is coming very soon and there are only 20 spots available. At meeting we passed around sign-ups. Points will be needed to be able to attend this trip. We will travel down Thursday, April 8th and come back Saturday, April 10th. Friday we will be spending the day at the Buyers Mart and that evening we will attend a fashion show followed by dinner provided by the MAT club. Saturday will be an optional visit to the Princess Diana exhibit. The price is not final yet, it depends on points and who all can attend. This is going to be an awesome experience and a great way to get to know other members in the club, be sure to sign up on the 3rd floor in EH this week!
- This year MAT club will be hosting a Keeneland fashion show! At meeting we had sign ups for models, setup crew, and clean-up crew. Paige sent out another email with more information concerning the fashion show. The event will be March 29th at 7:30 in the Worsham Theatre. We will be partnering with the non-profit organization Search.Love.Rescue. The show will cost $5 and $3 will go to the non-profit and $2 to the MAT club. We need all the help we can get to make MAT club well known on campus!
- Finally, we split up into committees. The four committees are as follows:
- Promotions- which will focus on flyers and help with the Fashion show promotions
- Community Service
- Fundraising- Focus on events to raise money for the club such as the bake sale
- Hospitality- Organize food and drinks for our meetings