Home › Merchandising, Apparel & Textiles › Student Organizations › Merchandising, Apparel, and Textiles (MAT) Club › Updates › 2010 › April 2010
Tuesday, April 6th, 2010
Merchandising, Apparel and Textiles Club Minutes
Minutes Recorded by Madison Stephens
This was the third meeting of the semester, held in room 203 of Erikson Hall at 6:00 p.m.
- Speaker: Shannon Keene from Von Maur
- Von Maur has stores in 9 different states and will soon open their new store in St. Louis, Missour
- Von Maur is a department store competitor of Nordstro
- There is a Von Maur store in Louisville, K
- Her advice was to be 100% open to relocatio
- Ms. Keene has been a buyer in which she forecasted trends and analyzed busines
- She is now a recruiting manager for Von Maur's Executive Training Program which starts students off as a sales associate and moves them up to floor managers and gives them opportunities to be buyer
- You are paid by salary which starts in the mid to upper $30's for sales associates but people are usually promoted within three month
- They tend to not hire seasonally
- Information: Shannon Keene; (563)-388-2744; email@example.com
- Speaker: Ashley Igo from Soma
- Store manager of Soma in Lexington at Fayette Mall
- Soma is a sister company of Chico's and White House Black Market
- She advised that being able to relocate will help one move up quicker
- They prefer to promote from within the company
- Networking is key!!!
- Offer internships at Chico's FAS in Fort Meyers, FL
- Information: Ashley Igo; (859)-271-6266; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda presented the budget report
- The Valentine's Day Bake Sale made $151
- We made $200 from the Fashion Show-$78 went to Search.Love.Rescue and $70 went for expenses
- The club is paying $900 for the Atlanta trip but will be reimbursed by the members and will end up paying $300 total towards the trip
- Fundraising opportunities for next semester: Football T-Shirt Sales
- Paige gave a report on the Fashion Show
- Thanks to those members who volunteered and helped out
- Thanks to Bella Rose, Peppermint Palm, AJ's Casuals, and Worlds Apart for donating the outfits
- Brittany Murphy won Project Catwalk!!!
- Meredith presented Fundraising and Community Service Ideas and encouraged members to participate
- Trunk show: Cathy Miller, boutiques in Lexington, skirt magazine, get percentage of profit?????
- Stores give percentage of sales for a day or weekend???
- DENIM DRIVE!
- TOMS Shoes donate to Kentucky Academy in Ghana?
- Prom dress drive
- Meredith talked about upcoming events for next semester
- Denim drive
- Trip to Ann Taylor Distribution Center
- Store Visit to Miss Priss
- Sage Londergan, Polo Ralph Lauren Children's Wear Speaker
- Trunk show?
- Atlanta Info Meeting for those attending