University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2010
Boston University, 2001
Bradley University, 1998
- NFS 474 - Research in Nutrition: Theory
- NFS 475 - Research in Nutrition: Applications
- NFS 403 - Community Nutrition
- Distal and proximal determinants of obesity among rural populations
- Geospatial inequalities as it relates to health disparities among disadvantaged populations
- Weight loss and weight loss maintenance interventions among low-income populations
Dr. Gustafson's research focuses on the food environment as a distal determinant in obesity among rural populations. She has worked extensively with local and state health departments conducting community based behavioral interventions focused on chronic disease prevention.
Dr. Gustafson has several published articles focused on weight loss interventions and the role of the food environment as a modifier in the success of weight loss.
Dr. Gustafson is a member of the American Dietetic Association, The Obesity Society, American Public Health Association, and The American Society Nutrition. She serves on the Research Group for the American Dietetic Association.