Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is the best time of year to sample for SCN?
2. Where can I get a SCN soil analysis?
3. What role do weeds play in SCN and its management?
4. I heard that SCN can now reproduce on many of the varieties we thought were resistant. What are we supposed to do?
5. Are soybean breeders looking for alternative sources of SCN resistance?
6. Does wheat production impact SCN and its management?
7. What is an HG type test and if I have SCN on my farm is it necessary to have an HG type test?
8. What is being done to assure that HG type test results are uniform from one lab to the next?
9. Why are SCN numbers variable?
10. Can I ever eliminate SCN?
11. Can SCN be controlled by chemical sprays?
12. How important is crop rotation in managing SCN populations?
13. Can SCN cause major yield losses, but without any visible symptoms?