Welcome to the
65th Annual ESA-NCB
at the Brown Hotel in Louisville, KY
Announcement To Presenters:
Due to technical restrictions, we are unable to accept PowerPoint presentations created in Office 2007 (.PPTX) format.
Please create and save your presentations as an Office 2003 (.PPT) file.
If you create your presentation as a PowerPoint 2007 file, it will NOT render properly on our presentation laptops.
If you have questions about the format of your presentation, please contact Ms. Hannah Draper-Burnett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2010 NCB-ESA Annual Meeting
Call for Symposia
The NCB-ESA Program Committee is seeking symposia that
are relevant and responsive to current and emerging entomological
issues for the 2010 NCB-ESA annual meeting (March 14-17, 2010) in
Louisville, KY. All symposium ideas are welcome and we strongly encourage
consideration be given to undergraduates wherever possible. Don’t
hesitate to be creative when thinking of topics. Members have already
begun proposing symposia.
Symposia Proposal Deadline: Proposals
should be submitted by e-mail to Program Co-Chairs Susan Romero (email@example.com)
or Janet Lensing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Information needed by December 1, 2009
- Tentative title of proposed symposium.
- Name, mailing address, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail
address of organizer(s).
- Summary statement of proposed symposium goal(s).
Information needed by January 1, 2010
- Tentative titles of individual presentations and names of tentative
- Total time (including breaks) requested for the session, and length
of time allotted for individual presentations.
- Requests for Program Enhancement Funds (PEF), including anticipated
number of complimentary registrations for nonmember invited speakers.
PEF support is restricted to invited symposium speakers who reside
outside the branch or are in a discipline other than entomology.
- Suggestions to avoid concurrent scheduling of the symposium with
events of interest to attendees.
If any of these ideas sound interesting to you, then try your hand at organizing a symposium around that theme:
- Interdisciplinary research – a gateway to entomology
- Biotechnology and agricultural ethics
- Field crops entomology
- How biofortification of plants will affect entomology
- How the biofuel thrust has/will affect entomology
- Urban pest management
- Entomological issues associated with glasshouses
- Entomological issues associated with the production of fruits and vegetables
- Medical/veterinary entomology
- Invasive pests
- Entomological issues associated with organic/sustainable agriculture
- New and emerging molecular biology/genomics/proteomics applications in entomology
- Environmental stewardship e.g. landscape ecology, biodiversity, climate change, ecosystem functions
- Insect science education