4-H Youth Development Job Description
* Contribute to a well-balanced total county Extension program, including 4-H/Youth Development, Agriculture, Family and Consumer Sciences, and Community and Economic Development.
* Provide management, leadership, and educational expertise to the 4-H program in the geographical area to which the agent is assigned.
* Develop and utilize councils, advisory groups, and program committees to facilitate community involvement in determining program priorities and conducting programs.
* Develop a program plan based on locally identified needs which will lead to improved quality of living for individuals and families.
* Determine volunteer jobs and identify, enlist and train volunteer leaders to help carry out program responsibilities.
* Build collaborative relationships with other agencies and organizations to multiply effectiveness and avoid duplications of programs.
* Serve as a source of expertise in youth development and/or other specific subject matter areas targeted to needs of various audiences.
* Develop and implement a public information program about 4-H/Youth Development.
* Maintain liaison with other agents, specialists, and Area Program Directors to plan, execute, and evaluate educational programs at county, area, and state level.
* Work with community and civic leaders to enhance the economic and social well-being of the county and communities contained therein.
* Disseminate research information, identify researchable problems, and communicate informational and research needs to the land-grant faculty.
* Ensure that all youth and adults have an equal opportunity to participate in Extension programs regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.