Agriculture & Natural Resources Job Description
* Contribute a well-balanced total county Extension program, including Agriculture, 4-H/Youth Development, Family and Consumer Sciences, and Community and Economic Development.
* Develop education programs in agriculture and natural resources that are economically feasible, resource conserving, environmentally compatible and socially acceptable.
* Develop and/or utilize councils, advisory groups, and program committees to facilitate community involvement in programming.
* Develop a program plan based on locally identified needs which will lead to improved quality of living for individuals and families.
* Identify, enlist and train volunteer leaders to help carry out program responsibilities.
* Build collaborative relationships with other agencies and organizations to multiply effectiveness and avoid duplications of programs.
* Provide technical subject matter in Agricultural and Natural Resources to producers, youth, agencies and interested citizens.
* Develop and implement a public information program about Agriculture.
* Collaborate with other agents, specialists, and District Directors to plan, execute, and evaluate educational programs at county, area, and state level.
* Work with community and civic leaders to enhance the economic and social well-being of the county and communities contained therein.
* Disseminate research information, identify researchable problems, and communicate informational and research needs to the land-grant faculty.
* Ensure that all youth and adults have an equal opportunity to participate in Extension programs regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.