Family & Consumer Sciences Job Description
* Contribute to a well-balanced total county Extension program, including Family and Consumer Sciences, Agriculture, 4-H/Youth Development and Community and Economic Development.
* Provide management, leadership, and educational expertise to the Family and Consumer Sciences program in the geographical area to which the agent is assigned.
* Develop and/or utilize councils, advisory groups, and program committees to facilitate community involvement in programming.
* Develop and implement a family and consumer sciences program plan based on locally identified needs which will lead to improved quality of living for individuals and families.
* Identify, enlist and train volunteer leaders to help carry out program responsibilities.
* Implement educational programs which strengthen families such as Extension Homemakers and county expanded food and nutrition education programs.
* Build collaborative relationships with other agencies and organizations to multiply effectiveness and avoid duplications of programs.
* Serve as a source of expertise in family and consumer sciences subject matter areas targeted to needs of individuals and families.
* Develop and implement a public information program about Family and Consumer Sciences.
* Disseminate research information, identify researchable problems, and communicate informational and research needs to the land-grant faculty.
* Jointly share responsibility in community programming around issues involving leadership development, community involvement, local government, community services and other forms of community economic development.
* Ensure that all youth and adults have an equal opportunity to participate in Extension programs regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.